“Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony.” Thomas Merton.
In this fast-paced life, where everything seems to cry for your attention, how does one distinguish what is important and urgent?
The Wheel of life shows you your Road to success. Determine where you are on this Wheel and then define your Steps to achieve Success!
-Draw your own wheel of life to get clear on your current situation
-Imagine the centre of the wheel of life is a rating of “0– completely unsatisfied” and the outer edge of each slice is a rating of “10 -completely satisfied”
RATE EACH AREA
-Rate each area of your life on a scale of 0 to 10 on your Wheel based on how satisfied you are
-Identify your area of focus I.e health, career, money or any other, where you want to be successful or achieve more
CREATE ACTION PLAN
Ask yourself the following questions for each area in your life wheel ….
- What is the Smallest thing I could do to make progress in this area of life TODAY?
- If I was living with a rating of “10 out of 10” for this area of my life what would I have done to get to a 10 from where I am today?
- What is one big thing that I know I need to do in this area of my life to make progress but I am scared of or hesitant to do it?
Example of an action plan for the “CAREER” area of focus
- Complete LinkedIn profile and recommendations (today )
- Meet with my boss to discuss my desire to move up in my job (next week )
- Take presentation skills workshop (this month)
TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION
-The final step in your wheel of life process is to take immediate action against the most important areas for you .pick the top 3(at least ) areas of your Wheel of life that require immediate action and just do it
The wheel of life technique is a way to zero in on the most important areas that are worthy of your attention for a better life & more achievements!
Inspired by articles from the internet*
Ms Beena Jayakrishnan
Experienced Finance coach
& Soft skills Trainer
Have you had this feeling of wanting more out of life but don’t know where to start and how to achieve? JOIN our FREE sessions