“ Good manners will open doors that the best education cannot” by Clarence Thomas is a very powerful saying which truly depicts the importance of being aware of one’s conduct as it is rated higher in many real life situations.
THE FIRST IMPRESSION
First Impression is the last impression still holds true for many individuals and industries. When we talk about First Impression, we are talking about a collective message we all convey through our Clothing, Grooming, Hygiene, Body Language and Etiquettes to others. This is called Non Verbal Communication as it very well conveys to the other person without communicating a single word. So it never happens that we are not communicating, we are always communicating be it VERBAL/NON VERBAL.
ABCD of IMAGE MANAGEMENT
As an Image Consultant and Grooming &Etiquette Coach I certainly know the need of Clothing Grooming, Hygiene, Etiquettes and Body Language for professionals for them to achieve the desired success they all want. Image Management is a very powerful concept as it enables the individual to project a powerful, impactful and an everlasting impression at all times and situations. The ABCD of Image Management stresses on A- Appearance, B- Behaviour and C- Communication form the backbone to those very impactful first impressions.
START AT YOUNG AGE
So,the Impactful Teenagers program would definitely aim in instilling and inculcating these skills at a young age and make these skills a habit for them and a part of their lives. The various aspects of Clothing, Grooming & Hygiene, Etiquettes and Body Language learnt at a young age will definitely give them an edge to stand out from the rest when they have to appear for interviews be it for higher education or corporate jobs. They will absolutely know how to fit into their personal, professional and social situation with ease and confidence. So, the ultimate goal is to lay a very strong foundation for the students in their teenage years so that these aspects of life do not seem as challenges when they are struggling to make a mark for themselves in their respective careers.
HIGH SELF WORTH
Once they know how to conduct themselves, their self-esteem, self-confidence, self-worth and self-respect would be very high in their eyes which are truly very important factors for any individual to contribute to the society and be a great human being and a responsible citizen. They can lead their personal, professional and social lives with ease and confidence. So, the ultimate goal is to lay a very strong foundation for the students at a young age so that these aspects of life do not seem as challenges when they are struggling to make a mark for themselves in their respective careers.
WHAT TO FOCUS
- Positive body Image – A positive self image and body image at an age when one is a teenager is highly essential for their proper mental , physical and emotional growth and conduct.
- Etiquettes– A person who possesses etiquettes and manners will always stand out and would always at ease in any situation you place him or her in, so teenagers need to understand this at a young age
- Body Language– Body Language is a very powerful non verbal communication tool. It helps an individual to communicate effectively without having to say a word. A positive body language is a must at all times for conveying your messages to the other person in your personal, professional and social lives.
- Clothing – Is a very important aspect in conveying you a person. It helps you convey the right message about the occasion you are attending , the roal and the goal in life . Teenagers need to understand the concept of Appropriate, Authentic , Attractive and Affordable clothing.
- Grooming & Hygiene– A well groomed person is always considered a person who has great self respect and believes in self love and self care. Very important aspect to learn at a young age and the importance of being well groomed and hygienic can never be undermined in any situation of our lives.
- Communication– Very important way of expressing and conveying our thoughts . The right and effective way of communication is very essential to be understood well and taken as capable , credible and knowledgeable when dealing with different kinds of people in our lives.
Ms Parul Kaushal
(Image consultant and grooming coach)